Taps are the most used surfaces at home, workplace, or business premises. As a result, they are exposed to dirt and marks. This contributes to the state of cleanliness in your place. It is important to have a cleaning routine in order to avoid the build-up of dirt.
What makes taps to be dirty?
- Grime- it builds up at the tap joint.
- Soap-it is formed around the screw knob.
- Limescale/ calcium carbonate: this is formed on faucets ruined on hard water. It leaves a white residue on the holes and a cloudy appearance around the tap.
How to clean taps with household products
- Use a kitchen knife to slice lemon.
- Squeeze the lemon on the tap and leave it for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Use a toothbrush, scrub brush, or sponge to clean the affected area.
- Wash the area with fresh hot water.
- Mix 1:1 of plain white vinegar with water.
- Soak kitchen towel in the solution
- Scrub the stain with the rag for 2 minutes.
- If the build-up is stubborn, wrap the cloth dipped in the solution around it and wait for 2-3 hours.
- Wipe off the residue.
- Use a safety pin or toothbrush to unblock the spray holes.
- Rinse the place with fresh hot water and dry to prevent rust.
- Mix 1 tbsp. Of baking soda and 15ml of hot distilled water in a bowl.
- Soak microfiber or sponge in the solution.
- Scrub the affected area gently, wrap the sponge around the tap and leave it for 2 hours.
- Use fresh water to rinse off the residue.
- Dry the fixture completely.
These household products are best for easy stains. However, acidic cleaners such as vinegar and lemon juice are not ideal for surfaces finished with nickel, brass, and gold since they can cause corrosion. When the surface requires a thorough cleaning, it is good to hire an expert. You might scratch the faucet if you scrub too hard. Make It Clean is a professional cleaning company that uses eco-friendly products. Your tap and surrounding space will be shiny and free from grime. We offer tap cleaning services in Brisbane and Adelaide. You can book our services using this form.